• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No one should buy aluminum body trucks...

This.
Ford bumper.jpg

LOL. Now why would I go and do a damn fool thing like that? new pickup trucks are for people that run businesses and can take depreciation or people that have no problem paying the upside down note for three years.

2015 F150 Lariat - 0% interest, still worth more than I owe on it. I think the key is the amount of interest you pay. If all of your payments go toward the principal then chances are you will not be upside-down.

2015 F150 Lariat - 0% interest, still worth more than I owe on it. I think the key is the amount of interest you pay and the term. If all of your payments go toward the principal then chances are you will not be upside-down, if you haven't financed it for 84 months that is....

FTFY

2015 F150 Lariat - 0% interest, still worth more than I owe on it. I think the key is the amount of interest you pay. If all of your payments go toward the principal then chances are you will not be upside-down.

You are upside down in a new vehicle the minute you drive it off the lot.

Oh, you'll be upside down alright. Just like NIB (but only test fired) guns here on ODT. The minute you drive it off the lot it's a used truck. GLWS.

Wallace's Wallace's ", if you haven't financed it for 84 months that is...."

You trying to make me stroke out? I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about a car payment for 48 months, I think you got those numbers transposed.

You are upside down in a new vehicle the minute you drive it off the lot.
With no money down or equity from a trade, typically yes. Exceptions being some Ferrari models (F40,F60,Enzo, and La ferrari), the Ford GT and GT350R, Porsche 911R, Catman GT4 when it first came out, etc...those all went up in value from MSRP immediately.

Wallace's Wallace's ", if you haven't financed it for 84 months that is...."

You trying to make me stroke out? I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about a car payment for 48 months, I think you got those numbers transposed.
Unfortunately some people take the 84 month route to get a payment they can manage to help them keep up with the Jones. I thought 72 was as long as it went, then out came 84 months. I am waiting on mortgage companies to just pick up car notes on 15 and 30 year terms at this point.

With no money down or equity from a trade, typically yes. Exceptions being some Ferrari models (F40,F60,Enzo, and La ferrari), the Ford GT and GT350R, Porsche 911R, Catman GT4 when it first came out, etc...those all went up in value from MSRP immediately.

There are a few exceptions. But nobody I know is popping for one of those as an investment. For the masses it's a quick and hard depreciation on a new vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom