• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No one should buy aluminum body trucks...

We went last weekend and looked at some trucks. I want a F150, but she wants me to get a man's truck F250. Just so happens there was a F250 Platinum and a F150 King Ranch side by side. Both were 4wd and the F250 was a diesel and.the price on both of them were a couple hundred dollars apart. They both were $68,500
trucks are made of gold now obviously, my grandfathers old 82 dodge ram 4x4 still works and it's all steel with minimal electronics

We went last weekend and looked at some trucks. I want a F150, but she wants me to get a man's truck F250. Just so happens there was a F250 Platinum and a F150 King Ranch side by side. Both were 4wd and the F250 was a diesel and.the price on both of them were a couple hundred dollars apart. They both were $68,500

The sticker means nothing

If you catch the right time and dealer you can buy them for about 25-30% off sticker

But it's amazing what people will pay for vehicles and do it again three years later

I get mine 6-8 yrs old at an auction
For about about one tenth of what they cost new

People always worry about the gas mileage
When in reality, the depreciation is what costs you

I buy big comfy safe gas guzzlers for a steal
And worry not a bit about the mpg
My current ride gets 11 mpg city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trucks are made of gold now obviously, my grandfathers old 82 dodge ram 4x4 still works and it's all steel with minimal electronics

Yep

My current ride is a '04. But even that is way too complex and for no reason

The late 80s had fuel injection and overdrive
That and A/C is all you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluminum is a **** material to build vehicles with. It is more dent resistant, but it still dents. It has no memory like steel, so when it does dent you can't massage it back into shape. It's non-ferrous, so it rips instead of stretching like steel & couldn't be shrunk back into shape like steel even if it doesn't rip. Ford has been putting aluminum hoods and other random parts on their vehicles for about 20 years and they(admittedly) can't figure out how to make the paint stick to it for any length of time. I still repaint them almost every day. It's far more expensive than steel. It's a pain in the ass to weld. Most bodymen are not very skilled welders as everything on a car is pretty much spot welded, so the entire collision repair industry is having to be retrained and equipped to handle this. That's all fine and good, it just drives the cost of trucks and insurance through the roof.

But hey, it's light and the gubment likes it, so it must be good.

I'm getting 10+ additional MPG with a V8 aluminum body over my V6 steel body truck. Bought a thick bed mat for $100 that's good to go.
Not because of the less than 300 pounds saved by using aluminum. Then they save a couple hundred pounds by putting a V6 in them. So overall, the ecoboost F150 is about 450-500 pounds lighter than the silverado and the V8 F150 is about 250 lbs. lighter.

Then i plop my 325lb butt in'er with my standard size wife and sasquatch mix kids and none'a that matters
Yep. The weight difference between the ford aluminum body and the silverado steel body is barely more than the difference between a full and empty gas tank. It's taking an attempt to meet ever more restrictive government regulations and turning it into a sales gimmick.

The point you are all missing the F150 body is a 250 cab...! Because of the weight difference.. there littetlay is twice the room in the cab area. Sit in the back of the new F150 then sit in the Chevy then dodge, there is twice the room for people and gear.. cars,,, trucks have been running aluminum panels since the 90s.. people are uniformed and make a big deal over nothing..

Back
Top Bottom