• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why wouldn't you want to do a bill of sale?

Not any less if you had a bill of sale. You think I can't just write one up? Haven't you ever noticed that most legal documents require a notary?
They need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt I was at that murder scene.

Really, try due diligence. So you think your going to pay the same amount for an attorney for selling to a felon, forgery, knowingly providing false information to LE, etc Did you have a notary when you signed you DL? you carry permit? Applied for a credit card? Last time you sold a car did you have a notary sign the BOS?

People are scared when it comes to firearms and don't really know what they need to sell one legally. When I am asked for one I will politely try to explain why they are not legal documents unless they are stamped by a notary and how in the state of Ga. they are not required. I was contacted and questioned by GBI agent on a pistol that I sold years before then and I promise the conversation was short. He did his homework long before he called me and the only questions I got was... Do I own it? Who did I sell it to? When I told him that I sold several years ago at a gunshow to an individual but I did not keep records of who it was but I always ask for a Ga. DL to prove residence. He said thank you for your time and that was the last I ever heard from him.

Do you mean to tell us that you sold a gun without a BoS and you were not beaten with a rubber hose before being thrown in jail?

fc2a5bd158cd24d34496dff86d7d6407_view.jpg

Really, try due diligence. So you think your going to pay the same amount for an attorney for selling to a felon, forgery, knowingly providing false information to LE, etc Did you have a notary when you signed you DL? you carry permit? Applied for a credit card? Last time you sold a car did you have a notary sign the BOS?

No, the form I had to get for termination of rights so I can adopt my step daughter required a notary, the forms for reference for my masters require a notary, when I was in school I had to get a notarized form saying I was in school to get my drivers license, when my daughter went to Disney with my aunt we had to have a form notarized so that in the event of an emergency my aunt could make decisions.

All that is in the courts eyes is a pretty little piece of paper. I have electronic records.

So let me get this straight... Having a piece of paper that says you sold to a felon will get you off the hook?

True story...I used to work with someone who was a notary...as a birthday present one year my team gave me a framed 8x11 that had "Best Boss Ever" written in crayon on it - and, you guessed it - it had been notarized. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom