• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gotta love the 5.45x39s! AK or AR you choose!!

BTW, shooting it today I watched a round strike (what I believed was) a rock and watched the spark travel 20ft up in the air where I lost it in the branches of the trees. I guess it was the steel core getting split out and ricocheting upwards. I'd like to shoot some ballistic gel with it to see what it would do!

BTW, shooting it today I watched a round strike (what I believed was) a rock and watched the spark travel 20ft up in the air where I lost it in the branches of the trees. I guess it was the steel core getting split out and ricocheting upwards. I'd like to shoot some ballistic gel with it to see what it would do!

sweet! Yeah most of the mil surplus is semi steel core. Gotta love it.

I can tell you visually the strikes it makes into the bank knock golf ball and larger sized holes out. .223 just typically makes a pencil sized entry. When I shoot again I'll take pics of it.

I'd rather be shot by .223 than 5.45. I know the .223 more or less wounds.

I can tell you visually the strikes it makes into the bank knock golf ball and larger sized holes out. .223 just typically makes a pencil sized entry. When I shoot again I'll take pics of it.

I'd rather be shot by .223 than 5.45. I know the .223 more or less wounds.

oh yeah, I watched a show today that had a 1980s army test of the 5.45. Much more damage is done by the 5.45 than the 5.56. They leave an air pocket at the front of the 5.45 so that when it hits the target, it tumbles. Good for you, bad for them :lol:

Since I'll be out of town tomorrow till friday, I spent a little time adding a few more touches to the 5.45. While I was at it, I also filled in my one of other ARs.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v28_patracy_firearms_IMAG0164.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v28_patracy_firearms_IMAG0165.jpg

It runs like a timex now! Replaced the buffer with the spike heavy buffer, installed a new standard buffer spring and it runs great! I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

Back
Top Bottom