• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gotta love the 5.45x39s! AK or AR you choose!!

I took 4.5" off a standard buffer spring.

Got a slide fire on it today as well. I can pop as many rounds as I want to, as fast as I can in semi auto. But when I get the rhythm going with the slide fire it stops. The hammer drops, but it's only a light strike on the primer. Yes I swapped it with the adams hammer. Guess I need something even heavier?

Ugh, back where I started. Bump firing results in the second strike being too light. But I can pull by finger as fast as possible no problem. Is the wolf heavy spring heavier than the spring Adams Arms sent? I'm starting to wonder if it's a timing issue instead. Because using it, as intended, results in good primer strikes. I don't think the spring is too weak. I'm thinking maybe the hammer is swinging while the BCG is still moving. Maybe a heavier hammer or weaker spring might correct it?

I'm almost at my wits end with this thing. Put a 4.0 ounce buffer in it with a standard spring. Runs fine, feeds great, no short stroking. But I still get fail to fires when trying to bump fire. First few times I popped the chambered round out and continued on. Running it semi-auto it works just fine though. Last two times I popped the upper loose to inspect the hammer, it was straight up like I thought it would be. So I thought maybe it's my finger fudging the trigger. I threw a rubber band around the trigger and looped it around the front of the lower. No dice, hammer is still in the upright position.

Sovietak474u, how much does your buffer weigh? I'm guessing I'm going to pick up a trigger and disconnector spring to see if that fixes it.

I'm so fed up with this thing. I'm about ready to just sell it. Works perfect with it locked and running semi auto. It will not bump fire at all. The hammer is still following the bolt.

I'm going to shop around for more parts but it's got me to the point where I'm ready to just cash in my chips. If a new FCG, buffer, and spring don't fix it, it and the ammo is leaving my household.

ahh ok. So it runs great without slidefire?

Yes, runs perfectly fine when I support the gun with a locked stock. Moment I pull it away and allow it to float on the trigger, hammer follow.

Getting somewhere finally. Today at lunch I took my break and walked over to my range. Instead of focusing on getting the stupid thing to work, I focused on what I was doing and what the gun was doing. I worked on my body position a little better, and took note of how the gun runs. In semi auto and locked, I feel/hear the BCG and buffer moving as they should. But once I pull the lock loose, I just about get hammer follow each time. I pulled the buffer out again and pulled one more steel weight out and filled with lead. I had to add in the two rubber isolators to take up the slack as I ran out of lead weights. But I was greeted with 6 or 7 rounds until hammer follow. I want to add a little more weight to it and see how it behaves then.

Getting somewhere finally. Today at lunch I took my break and walked over to my range. Instead of focusing on getting the stupid thing to work, I focused on what I was doing and what the gun was doing. I worked on my body position a little better, and took note of how the gun runs. In semi auto and locked, I feel/hear the BCG and buffer moving as they should. But once I pull the lock loose, I just about get hammer follow each time. I pulled the buffer out again and pulled one more steel weight out and filled with lead. I had to add in the two rubber isolators to take up the slack as I ran out of lead weights. But I was greeted with 6 or 7 rounds until hammer follow. I want to add a little more weight to it and see how it behaves then.

yeah! Getting somewhere. I had a feeling it was the buffer. Just keep adding weight til it runs.

I don't get it, pulled the steels out and filled the buffer with lead. It's now 4.7 ounces. Still runs great in semi auto, but it will only burst two times. Then hammer follow. But it does it every time now. When I try to bump fire, I can feel the buffer isn't running correctly. Only things I can try now is a H3 buffer and a heavier spring. Or a 9mm buffer, but I think that's overkill? Or a hydro buffer.

I don't get it, pulled the steels out and filled the buffer with lead. It's now 4.7 ounces. Still runs great in semi auto, but it will only burst two times. Then hammer follow. But it does it every time now. When I try to bump fire, I can feel the buffer isn't running correctly. Only things I can try now is a H3 buffer and a heavier spring. Or a 9mm buffer, but I think that's overkill? Or a hydro buffer.

Are using a milspec buffer tube or a comm? Also try the spikes buffer. If its not balanced , they could be the problem.

I'm sure it's just a comm tube. But the stock floats freely on it. Guess I'll pony up for the spikes buffer. Didn't you also change the spring in yours as well?

Got any details on the spring? I've found a Wolff extra strength buffer spring, but in the review on midway, someone said it didn't work with the spikes buffer they bought.

Back
Top Bottom