• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

Cherokee gun and pawn. Adventure outdoors has good prices if you pay with CASH.... anyways Cherokee will match some of Adventures prices!

Cherokee will match ANY of AO's prices. As a matter of fact, they will do their best to match ANY advertised price on any in stock item ANYWHERE. I only buy my guns at Cherokee...

But there's another good reason for that:rolleyes:

I have bought many guns at many pawnshops. I have never sold or traded a gun to a pawn shop or to a dealer at a gun store or a gun show. I don't fault them for lowballing, that's what they do and how they make their money. Every one should know that going in. You will get the most for your firearm by selling it here or some other board or at a gunshow to private individuals. Then take cash to the shops and shows and find great deals! I've made good deals at many shops and at shows this way. I like Ed's , Forest Park Army Navy, Stockbridge Army Navy, Elite in Conyers, Tucker Gun, I've even made good buys at Moss Pawn and Georgia Gun and Range by the Farmer's Market. The best prices on new stuff I've seen is Cherokee Gun and Pawn at the RK Gunshows. I got some good deals at the old location of Adventure Outdoors, haven't tried to buy anything at their new location yet. Got a good deal on a used Rossi snubby at Clydes in Athens, good deal on a Rock River upper at the Firing Lane. Bottom line, don't sell stuff to pawn shops unless you have to!

Last edited:
I pretty much like all the pawnshops I have frequented local to the mid Ga area. I like Sportscenter in Perry. There are 1 or 2 arrogant or unhelpful people in there, but Matt is a reloader and a gunguy that knows what's up. Now Chuck's on Watson Blvd?...I swore I would never step foot in there again. They are pushy, arrogant, and act like no one knows what they need/want. I have posted some of my experiences about Chuck's on GON only to have my posts deleted and I got a "stern" warning..........Chuck's is a GON sponsor....

Have bouht many guns from Dixie Gun and Pawn in Mableton when Jimmy ran it with his wife, but now they seem a little up-tight with the customers and don't want to give much attention to them.

Back
Top Bottom