• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gun pulled on me today- need help

yep. IF the actual story is that the op forced his way in, damaged the man's vehicle, then tried to leave, we have a different story.

yep. IF the actual story is that the op forced his way in, damaged the man's vehicle, then tried to leave, we have a different story.

I live in the area and know the exit well. Due to the construction on I75 the exit has narrowed to one lane. Traffic is routinely backed up onto the interstate, and there is no shortage of folks who drive past the line of "riffraff" and force their way in at the exit, even crossing gore to do so. Id be willing to bet a great deal of money that this is exactly what happened in this case.

dunno. just seems odd the police took no action.
Most people would rather the police stayed out if it more. If the officer did not see a violation of the law he would have nothing he could have done. I doubt I would have worked it different, depending on the articulation.

Same way in my state, which is why I don't understand how the OP was liable for the accident. I think that is why so many people are questioning his account of the incident.

(a) First the premise that the car striking another in the rear is automatically liable is not true in Georgia. A lot of cops think that is the law (absolute liability) but there are a lot of things a lot of cops are wrong about.

(b) The OP states that he was on the ramp, and trying to merge with the traffic on I-75. Again, contrary to what a lot of people THINK is the law, the through traffic has no obligation to yield to merging traffic, and merging traffic from a ramp onto a through road will always be deemed responsible for the accident, regardless of where the on the cars the impact takes place. The merging/entering traffic is required to come to complete stop if necessary, and then safely merge. Or you can drag race the through traffic, but if you lose it's your fault.

This is true, as long as the vehicle belongs to YOU and is registered in your name..

I am not a lawyer, but it is unfortunately not so simple.

If you don't have a permit- don't think you can carry in your buddies truck, in that case the firearm would need to be in a case and unloaded. Unless you are eligible for a permit....

TLDR= If you're 18-20 you can only carry in YOUR vehicle. If you're otherwise ineligible for a permit- only YOUR vehicle. (provided that you are only ineligible for a permit and not entirely ineligible to possess and control firearms.)
ummmmm wrong

Back
Top Bottom