• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gun pulled on me today- need help

Ya know, I love the law and all, but sometimes you just have to use some common sense. We aren't dealing with the Gestapo here. This is Georgia.

From the time I was 18 to 21, you know how many encounters I had with cops while driving? Three. One time I was pulled over (and the only time I've ever been) and two checkpoints. Pullover was because I had a temporary paper tag on a car and a "light was out". Of course he was wanting to check the paper tag and the car looked like a dope dealer's car because poor white trash and all, but ya know. Rambling aside, point is that never was anything about a firearm brought up, never was anything searched, and if I had carried a firearm back then no one would have known a damn thing unless I opened my trap up. And being Georgia, especially in rural Georgia where I used to live (and still pretty much live), it's the Good Ole Boy network. There was a Judge in Northeast GA that had some interesting methods to drop charges from what I've heard over the years.

Not advocating that you break the law or anything, but sometimes a little bit of critical thinking goes a long way. It's like driving when a yellow light pops up: do I gas or brake? You have to make these decisions irregardless of the law for your own safety. How fast am I going, is the car behind me too close, did it just pop to yellow, how good are my brakes, road conditions, etc. Same with speed limits: sometimes you have to speed up on Interstates to avoid being run over and other times you need to slow down because it's raining or snowing or some other hazard condition. Judgement calls.

I guess what I'm saying is if you feel the need to carry, carry. Easier to explain a criminal charge to your mamma than to have her watch you breathe through a tube or pay for a funeral because you got culturally enriched.

Am i the only one who admits to breaking or am willing to break stupid laws? Lol, such a rebel i am
In Georgia it used to be illegal (still is unless you are GWL holder) to have a sidearm on your person, while hunting ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY during archery or primitive weapons season. Yeah.... GLWS. :rolleyes:

According to the young man above, as long as the car is in my name my son can't carry a loaded handgun in it.

He's wrong. What more can I say. Do you think the car has to be in your wife's name for her to carry a handgun? How many leased cars or company cars do you think there are in Georgia? None of those drivers can carry a handgun, because the car is not in their name.

Try this. Put about 4 oz. of marijuana under the front seat, have your son drive to nearest police station, show it to them, and tell them he can't be charged with possession because the car is not in his name.

Read subsection (a) above. Does the home or place of business have to be in "his or her" name? No. And neither does the motor vehicle. There's a reason there is a distinction between subsection (a) and subsection (d). Legally, the car is going to be presumed to be under the control of the operator --it's "his or her" vehicle regardless of whose name is actually on the title.

This really isn't a new concept, some people who haven't dealt with it just don't know how to deal with it.

He's wrong. What more can I say. Do you think the car has to be in your wife's name for her to carry a handgun? How many leased cars or company cars do you think there are in Georgia? None of those drivers can carry a handgun, because the car is not in their name.

Try this. Put about 4 oz. of marijuana under the front seat, have your son drive to nearest police station, show it to them, and tell them he can't be charged with possession because the car is not in his name.

Read subsection (a) above. Does the home or place of business have to be in "his or her" name? No. And neither does the motor vehicle. There's a reason there is a distinction between subsection (a) and subsection (d). Legally, the car is going to be presumed to be under the control of the operator --it's "his or her" vehicle regardless of whose name is actually on the title.

This really isn't a new concept, some people who haven't dealt with it just don't know how to deal with it.
Section D is the relevant section. A 19 year old is not eligible for a carry permit.

In Georgia it used to be illegal (still is unless you are GWL holder) to have a sidearm on your person, while hunting ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY during archery or primitive weapons season. Yeah.... GLWS. :rolleyes:

Wrong.

You can have a sidearm while hunting or fishing, both of which situations are express exceptions to the licensing laws (and which exceptions apply to under 21 persons.). What you can't have is a concealed weapon while hunting or fishing w/o a GWL during any season.

You cannot have a sidearm during bow season on a WMA w/o a GWL. You can't have a modern sidearm on a WMA during primitive weapons season w/o a GWL.

Back
Top Bottom