• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking cigarettes

Smoking cessation hypnosis - highly recommended......search on your favorite music/media player.

Sent from my 6165S using Tapatalk

Smoked for nearly 20 years. I quit while working at Swisher Intl ”the tobacco product company“ of all places. A place where I could smoke in my office at leisure. It was a point in my life where I rapidly began to gain weight and joined a gym.

In the beginning, remember leaving the gym after a great workout and lighting up outside. I felt stupid and simply helpless, weak. While I didn’t quit cold turkey in the common sense of the term, I did drastically reduce the consumption immediately until I ceased a couple of months later.

They say nothing good comes from hate. In this case, I disagree.

For me was the tree falling on me, ct scan showed how bad my lungs were and them telling me it is now or you will die before turning 50. That simple! You want to live? If so quit and power through! I smoke 2 packs per day, and cold Turkey, and by no means was it easy! But if I can do it any one can, I had no desire to quit and when the doc told me what he did I stopped that instant.
I did the mat

I did the math, on how much they cost, for my wife and I, and we both quit 20 yrs ago, since then we did pretty good, retired..no bills..you have to change the way your thinking, in reality your saving yourself a ton of cash over time, u dot cough your ass off every morning, and don’t walk around smelling like an ash tray..put the money away, from not buying the smokes for 2 years..and u paid for a kick ass vacation, or maybe a down payment on a house, new truck?

Go back and read my post #25. The whole idea is to not really feel deprived at all. Get one of the vapes that can create just massive clouds and use high levels of nicotine and USE it. Don't hold back at all. Once you've got that going you can just skip the cigarettes and still be satisfied while eliminating almost all of the bad crap that is in a real cigarette. Then, over a period of years, you simply reduce to level of nicotine until it's zero. Once you're there you can put down the vape and hardly notice you did. Don't push the process at all. Every time I reduced nicotine level it was almost an afterthought.

I've been nicotine free for several years now after 35 years as a smoker.
Had a friend that their Grandaughter took up vaping and that stuff eat a hole in one of her lungs and collapsed it. She was on 20 yrs. old. Vaping is not an answer or alternative to smoking, that stuff in synthetic and you don't know what's really in it.

Had a friend that their Grandaughter took up vaping and that stuff eat a hole in one of her lungs and collapsed it. She was on 20 yrs. old. Vaping is not an answer or alternative to smoking, that stuff in synthetic and you don't know what's really in it.
This is the only report of a bad negative effect I have ever heard. Even doctors have said it's a very positive alternative to smoking.

This is the only report of a bad negative effect I have ever heard. Even doctors have said it's a very positive alternative to smoking.
Is vaping bad but not as bad as smoking tobacco?

There's no benefit to vaping if you don't already smoke. People usually think vaping isn't as bad as cigarette smoking, but the mist you breathe in still has nicotine and other harmful chemicals in it. Vaping isn't safe and can cause health problems, including life-threatening lung injuries.

Is vaping bad but not as bad as smoking tobacco?

There's no benefit to vaping if you don't already smoke. People usually think vaping isn't as bad as cigarette smoking, but the mist you breathe in still has nicotine and other harmful chemicals in it. Vaping isn't safe and can cause health problems, including life-threatening lung injuries.
I agree that vaping is not the best thing for a non smoker but there’s far more “dangerous” things out there. The biggest problem with vaping is people actually quit smoking for good with it. That costs big tobacco money. The trickle down from a bunch of people not buying cigarettes OR drugs to stop smoking is costing cities, states and the country a whole bunch of tax dollars. If they could figure out how to rake in all of our money with vaping, they’d be telling you how good it was. To date, Big Tobacco hasn’t produced a ‘heat, not burn’ product that is worth a dang. I’m pretty sure that’s by design. They’d rather have everyone smoke.

Back
Top Bottom