• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

USPS Money Orders

You can deposit them directly to your bank.

A lot of mobile deposits have issues with the backs of the MO's, but never had an issue with depositing any of the several hundred I have received at the bank.

I love it when the USPS looses money orders that I mail. It has happened to me more than once. They lost a $1000 worth for me a few years ago and it took months for me to get my money back. :mad:

I intended to get cash and ship minutes later.

Deposit works unless it bounces and I have shipped , sometimes takes awhile to fail to clear.

The point of getting a USPS MO or receiving same is guaranteed funds. The USPS is guarantor they should always have cash on hand we aren’t talking tens of thousands of dollars .

You can deposit them directly to your bank.

A lot of mobile deposits have issues with the backs of the MO's, but never had an issue with depositing any of the several hundred I have received at the bank.

Remember that when your deposit “clears” at your bank, your bank is just giving you “provisional” credit for the deposit. Such that if your deposit bounces on your bank a week or two later, your bank can take the money back from you, for up to 30 days.

So you are probably safer waiting for the usps money order to upload into the system at the USPS and having them verify it before you ship.

Back
Top Bottom