• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 LEO / attorney questions that grew from another thread.

Those terms are not used in courts in Georgia, or any of the several states I have lived and worked. Where did you learn those terms? Honestly?

Law review journals, articles written by law firms(see link from my thread tht started all of this), supreme court cases. Generally they actually name the stop after the defining court case though, like Terry Stop when reasonable suspicion exists.

I suppose it would likely be brought up in appellate jurisdiction than any trial court where an officer was actually present.

Last edited:
I
Those terms are not used in courts in Georgia, or any of the several states I have lived and worked. Where did you learn those terms? Honestly?

Keep in mind this article is really just a summation of legal research and not agenda driven or biased. My guess is that most if not all of this is just case law requoted and put into simple terms. So for those of you attempting to say this is mall ninja cop bashing terminology the jokes on you unless you think federal courts and the Supreme Court are a bunch of fake devgru ninjas.

Either way, If your not considering the legal aspects of your actions as a cop and knowing when you can or cannot do something, you're just doing your job poorly and likely to cost your locality a court case or let a criminal go free due to sloppy work

Last edited:

Very commonly used in law school and in the appellate courts. Not quite so often in the trial courts.

- - - Updated - - -

Very commonly used in law school and in the appellate courts. Not quite so often in the trial courts.

What's wrong man, you don't like to answer questions? How ironic.
My answers have been clear and still you cannot comprehend. I've attempted to simply explain but like William G. McAdoo said
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." Since you seem to know everything already, there are a lot of metro agencies hiring right now. You should step up and see how you'd handle the job. Good luck.

My answers have been clear and still you cannot comprehend. I've attempted to simply explain but like William G. McAdoo said "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." Since you seem to know everything already, there are a lot of metro agencies hiring right now. You should step up and see how you'd handle the job. Good luck.
No your answer was not clear. You made up a hypothetical situation where you jump into traffic and shoot a innocent person all because a gun fell out of a glove box that you didn't know was there. It's jumpy trigger happy cops like that make everybody less safe.

No your answer was not clear. You made up a hypothetical situation where you jump into traffic and shoot a innocent person all because a gun fell out of a glove box that you didn't know was there. It's jumpy trigger happy cops like that make everybody less safe.

The invitation still stands....step up and you can make us all safe so I can retire, for the second time.

Back
Top Bottom