• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Check for Air Travel

As it is now I drive whenever I can. Takes me 2 hours to get to the airport, and I always get there at least 2 hours early. Figure another hour to get my bags and rental car on the other end and I'm at 5 hours travel not counting flight time. My general rule is I drive for anything under a 2 hour flight.

Yea that getting there early really drags the trips out.
We felt like it took us just as much time flying.
It was probably a tad longer, if there were no delays on the flight, but it was so much more relaxing.
And fun, it was fun, especially flying that 5 mile wide corridor between DC and Patuxent NAS.
On one side they down you with a rocket and the other side fighter aircraft, it always made me snicker.

Maybe they should just let all concealed carry licensed gun owners carry our guns on the plane and in airport...make it a hard target instead of a defenseless "gun free" zone.

How many of these cowardly shooters start shooting in places other than gun free zones?

Or maybe the FBI should not ignore a person who comes into their office hearing voices like this guy apparently did...
The lengths that these nuts will go to to avoid armed civillians is telling. Go to an airport crawling with so called government security and cops with sub machine guns but would never try that in a wal mart parking lot.

I agree that this will once again be a foothold for the liberals to start to beat the drum for gun control. It is a damn shame this happened.. If there is any silver lining that I can see in this tragedy is, Thank God an AR was not used... That would be a Platform for which they would not stop on......

I travel throughout the country to hunt. It is a PITA to check a long gun and make sure you have TSA approved locks. Ammunition would obviously have to be sealed in a different check on. I have a feeling they will try to do exactly as an earlier post said, that's ammo may not be allowed in any check on bag....

Which makes it ripe for the pickens' in a gun free zone.. or a Ammo free zone I should say...

Its already began I saw that idiot Geraldo this AM saying well people like former Federal agents or maybe Honorly discharged veterans should have weapons but not everyone - everywhere.

If more people had loaded weapons it would stop these tragedys in a quicker manner (not stop).

The guy is deranged supposedly but somehow roaming around , nothing to see here.

Lets attack all the law abiding folks who are Pro Second Amendment, thats where I have an issue with how this will be "spun".

I am very saddened for all who experienced this sad set of events.

Its already began I saw that idiot Geraldo this AM saying well people like former Federal agents or maybe Honorly discharged veterans should have weapons but not everyone - everywhere.

If more people had loaded weapons it would stop these tragedys in a quicker manner (not stop).

The guy is deranged supposedly but somehow roaming around , nothing to see here.

Lets attack all the law abiding folks who are Pro Second Amendment, thats where I have an issue with how this will be "spun".

I am very saddened for all who experienced this sad set of events.

Reports early yesterday say this guy had a military ID.. Can anyone confirm This?

You have to address the evil in the people. If you stop them 100% in every airport they will just go do their evil somewhere else. Any public place in the world you could walk in somewhere and shoot 20 plus people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah punish all the gun owners trying to protect themselves with more laws that will do nothing to deter criminals!....

Correct. You can't stop these things from happening, it's not possible. What people CAN do is take responsibility for their own safety and start shooting back. The police cannot protect you, you are responsible for your own well being.

Back
Top Bottom