• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senators Ginn, Staton Kill SB 101 with help from Lt. Gov Cagle

Chairman Powell speaking to House: Senate didn't want to budge, insisted on training for campus carry yesterday, then this morning wanted training for EVERYONE. Problem now is that the conference committee report has to be on desks for an hour before it can be voted on. It takes a motion to suspend the rules to do away with this requirement, and that takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate.

Probably nothing this year folks.....

Thanks to everyone for their hard work and efforts.

Chairman Powell speaking to House: Senate didn't want to budge, insisted on training for campus carry yesterday, then this morning wanted training for EVERYONE. Problem now is that the conference committee report has to be on desks for an hour before it can be voted on. It takes a motion to suspend the rules to do away with this requirement, and that takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate.

Probably nothing this year folks.....

Thanks to everyone for their hard work and efforts.

So was it Ginn who single handedly sunk the bill with demands of training students to increasing demands training for everyone...... You say the Senate wouldn't budge. Who? I want names to attach...

Republican district 47 Senator Frank Ginn

i45.tinypic.com_ngsruv.jpg

http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/member.aspx?Member=751

Thanks Jackhole!

So was it Ginn who single handedly sunk the bill with demands of training students to increasing demands training for everyone...... You say the Senate wouldn't budge. Who? I want names to attach...

Republican district 47 Senator Frank Ginn

i45.tinypic.com_ngsruv.jpg

http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/member.aspx?Member=751

Thanks Jackhole!

I was quoting (or paraphrasing) Chairman Powell's comments to the House floor. That's all the detail I have. He called out the Senators on the conference committee, but didn't mention any specific Senator by name.

Back
Top Bottom