• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senators Ginn, Staton Kill SB 101 with help from Lt. Gov Cagle

It was all planned to go down to the wire and run out of time.

How does a Conference Committee appointee (Cecil Staton), who supposedly had been working so hard on the Gun Bill, just get up and ask for permission to leave the Senate an hour before everything is over?

What a charade!

I wonder if Sen Staton leaving was part of the settlement:

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/79080-gs-close-settlement-company-co-owned-sen-staton

In an update to a story 13WMAZ first reported more than a year ago, documents show Georgia Southern University and a company co-owned by State Senator Cecil Staton are close to reaching a deal.

In 2011, the university ended a contract with Georgia Eagle Media to broadcast the school's sports events, saying the company owed them about $53,000.

Documents obtained through an open records request from the Georgia Southern Office of Legal Affairs outline what took place at mediation between Georgia Southern and Georgia Eagle Media.

What part did Cagle play?

Well he excused Staton at about 10pm because he got butthurt by the house and I guess needed to go home and cry and they moaned about it loudly in the senate. Him leaving kept the senate from having enough votes to suspend rules. They needed to do that because at 10:54 my Senator calls and says Cagle is going to allow a vote and to get in touch with my Rep(he is the house sponsor). So now it takes time to get all the reports to folks(by senate rules they have 1 hour to read) well at 11:10 they have the reports on the desks, so they would need to vote to suspend rules. In the meantime a democrat is found that will fill Staton's place, but Cagle never calls SB101 up for vote. So what part does Cagle play..........indeed

Well he excused Staton at about 10pm because he got butthurt by the house and I guess needed to go home and cry and they moaned about it loudly in the senate. Him leaving kept the senate from having enough votes to suspend rules. They needed to do that because at 10:54 my Senator calls and says Cagle is going to allow a vote and to get in touch with my Rep(he is the house sponsor). So now it takes time to get all the reports to folks(by senate rules they have 1 hour to read) well at 11:10 they have the reports on the desks, so they would need to vote to suspend rules. In the meantime a democrat is found that will fill Staton's place, but Cagle never calls SB101 up for vote. So what part does Cagle play..........indeed

very interesting

It's clear that neither the Senate nor the Governor intended this to happen. Ginn and Staton are cowards for using these antics to avoid a vote, and Cagle played right along to ensure that the Governor didn't have to sign it. At least we know where to start and who to focus on for the next session.

Back
Top Bottom