• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Work Stress?

I'm a type A personality with a little bit of OCD, especially when it comes to work...everything has got to be RIGHT! I learned years ago (after ending up in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer from work related stress, due to my project manager position and working 250+ days year out of state on the road) that the only thing I could do is give it my absolute best effort every single day...and leave it at the door when I go home, no worrying about what tomorrow brings. It's difficult to get in the headspace but after a few months, I found myself much happier.

An occasional blizzy and on weekends ring steel. #CBD #PROPS #GREENSCREEN

Attachments

• C36469D0-1249-454F-83A0-5F15725B0EDA.jpeg
    C36469D0-1249-454F-83A0-5F15725B0EDA.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 40
I'm a type A personality with a little bit of OCD, especially when it comes to work...everything has got to be RIGHT! I learned years ago (after ending up in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer from work related stress, due to my project manager position and working 250+ days year out of state on the road) that the only thing I could do is give it my absolute best effort every single day...and leave it at the door when I go home, no worrying about what tomorrow brings. It's difficult to get in the headspace but after a few months, I found myself much happier.

I think I’m getting one. I can’t really sleep anymore, either. It’s a good job. Just feel like I’m always behind.

I am retired but when I worked I thrived on situations that people generally found stressful. Was self employed for much of my life and worked as a middle manager when working for others. When employed by others, the truly stressful part of work, to me, was dealing with implementing the poorly conceived ideas of upper management. Never found a good way to make that part not stressful, constantly felt we were taking a bad or at least sub-optimal path. in general I really enjoyed working.

Back
Top Bottom